Wednesday, August 4, 2010

So Quick!

I began walking two days ago for my health.

Today I began walking for my spiritual health.

On my first walk, I counted the houses on my mile walk and realized that, including mine, eleven households needed me to pray for them. Today I tried it. A prayer was answered before I had walked half a mile.

A lady down the road, and with whom I also attend church, was, how do I say?...well, she did not like me. In an attempt to rectify those feelings on Sunday, I realized that I had done all I could do...except pray.

This morning, as I neared her house, there she was, so I paused and greeted her, and she responded! We exchanged pleasantries, and I continued on my way. Rejoicing! On my return trip, I stopped and offered my assistance and then walked on after more pleasantries and her wishing me a good day.

My prayer for these neighbors/friends is that today God will place someone in their lives that will draw them closer to Him. Thus, my prayers extend beyond my road and to the roads on which these "helpers of Christ" live.

When I returned from my walk (and as I sat cooling off...yes, very hot, but I also VERY out-of-shape!), I discovered this quote on my Facebook Jesus Daily feed: "How many loaves have ye?" -JESUS in Matthew 15:34. Jesus can greatly use us, even if we think we have little to offer Him!

I am offering my walk to Him. Not just my walk down my neighborhood road but also my walk through life, through work, through town, through church.

How has He used you today?

No comments:

Post a Comment