Sunday, January 1, 2012

Confirmation of God's Will

Next Sunday evening, my Sunday evening discipleship class will begin a Kerry Shook's study of Fresh:  Reviving Stale Faith, a six-week study of some of the spiritual disciplines, including meditation, fasting, and silence.  Now, watch how God works to revive the faith...

This morning as I left our opening service to attend my Sunday School class, I picked up a copy of the latest Journey:  A Woman's Guide to Intimacy with God, (our church provides these for free each month!).  As I read this month's topic, my heart jumped for joy, for it so clearly confirms my choice for our discipleship study topic.  Spiritual Dry Spells....and remember the above title Reviving Stale Faith

I shared this insight with my Sunday School class (all women) and encouraged them to pick up a copy of the magazine and read it throughout this month.  Just had to share my thoughts also on how God is working...in our lives, in our church, always giving us confirmation and blessings as we need them.  I chose the study back in December...the authors of the this month's Journey, no doubt, chose this theme months ago.

God knew, though.  He knew just how to correlate these resources and begin to rebuild our faith.

Today's topic  in Journey is "Increase Your Hunger."  That is what I want in the Lord for myself this year.  Hungry for Jesus Christ!

Have a blessed week!

No comments:

Post a Comment