Monday, August 12, 2013

The Faith Dare: Days 10-11



Shoo, fly!  Don't bother me!  I so appreciated this metaphor!  That is what my mind feels like at times when I become overwhelmed with too many negative thoughts!
...get out the lie swatter of God's Word and hit those pesky lies.  They are lies.  Shoo them away...Shoo them away and get back to the business of living in Christ. (pg. 106)
This may sound random...so be prepared...this would make an awesome devotion for a Women's Retreat, which I just happen to  be planning for this fall.  Hummmm....I might need to invest in a few fly swatters as a retreat favor!

From Day 11, this spoke to me..."Ask for grace to live bigger than the smallness of yourself."  I woke up a little after three this morning with a couple from our church on my mind and began praying for a situation, a situation about which that I have gathered God's Army to pray.  Later, this morning they go before the judge requesting visitation rights to see their grandchildren whom they have not seen since before their mother passed away about a year ago.  I know that God is about to do a mighty work in their lives...and I pray right now that His peace surrounds them as they go through these necessary steps, as they do their part in this work that God is about to perform.  Today, God is going to live bigger than these grandparents who so desire to see their grandchildren.  He is going to live bigger than the grandparent who has denied their getting to see these three young men.  He is going to live bigger than the judicial system.  Today, God is the Great I Am.  Yes!

How gracious he will be when you cry cry for help! - Isaiah 30:19 
Whatever your situation, shoo those pesky pesky flies away with the lie swatter of God Word and cry out for help.  He is the Great I Am!

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment