Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Not about Myself

Again, God continues to amaze me...I am sure you can also testify to this!

At church, I am involved in three studies:

  • Sunday School - the minor prophets
  • Sunday Evening - The Persistence of Prayer 
  • Weekly - Beth Moore's Breaking Free
Amazingly, these three seem to support one another in a timely manner, all three for three groups of people wanting simply to be closer to the Lord.  Yes, He is responding.

Focusing on the minor prophets for the first time, I am learning so much about the Day of the Lord and rivalries between the Southern and Northern Kingdoms, realizing that these prophecies could have been written for our day, for our country.  

The study of prayer is a completion of Lifeway's Masterwork study for the Fall 2014.  We had taken a much-needed break during the months of January and February from our Discipleship training class.  Concerned about who would return for this study, I am learning that God had a group whose hearts He had been preparing for just such a time as this, a group who is hungry for revival, a prayer request of mine:  that He break out a revival in each person in my church.  A seemingly impossible request?  That, my friend, is why I am asking, for through Him?  Yes, all things are HIMpossible. 

May I share one nugget?  God wants us to pray alone.  Not too profound, uh?  When I began this study, I thought to myself...I'll begin a little initiative "Fifteen for Fifteen," with my inviting church friends to join me for fifteen minutes before church begins on Sunday morning, praying for 15 new souls.  Isn't that a great idea?  Then, every scripture I read began to point out that my prayer time should be private, alone...just me and Him.  

I shared the above with my class.  I wish you could have seen the initial response to "Fifteen for Fifteen"!  Others liked it also!  Then, I shared...I won't be hosting or leading that endeavor, for this is not about me or any glory I might receive.  This is about Him, to His Glory.  He is going to give us those souls.  This time, though, it will be all to His Glory. 

Then, last week, at our study of Beth Moore's Breaking Free, we began with nine in attendance, with four more planning to attend...and now maybe more.  This is such a God thing.  About a year ago, I felt to begin having such a study when Beth Moore hosted Children of the Day.  Felt strongly to do so and to host at our church...even if it meant meeting by myself.  God is sending those who need these studies, and I need all of them! From teacher friends to former students to those they themselves are beginning to invite...they are coming.  Want to participate online?  I attempt to post somewhat regularly here at a Facebook group entitled Making Choices for Him.  You are welcome to join us!

What a blessing!  One day I will testify about more that God is going here.  Just know...God is good...all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment