Saturday, March 19, 2016

Another Book Club...for Him!

The most interesting turn of events has occurred at school...we now have a teacher-led, teacher-supported Bible Study in process within our building.  Yes!  AND two men have joined what some would consider a women's Bible study.  Cool!  (Does that word age me?!)

Led by the Spirit, one of our high school counselors, after reading Keep It Shut, invited several to be a part of a discussion of this book...and we have met twice so far.  May I just add one more "cool!" here?

Several years ago for the My One Word Challenge, I chose the word quiet...and learned that is what I needed, as that was the year my mom passed.  Then, this year, again I felt pressed to talk less vehemently...to be quieter.  Oh, the lessons we can learn when we are quiet enough to hear.

Remember this scripture:  Be still and know that I am the Lord.

Now, doesn't that this just sound so easy?  Unless you are one who talks...a lot.  Thus, this year's challenge has been...yes, to be redundant, challenging.  A failure I have been most times as I yacked away when I should have bottled it up to the Lord, but a success I have been based on what I would like to have said.

Then, along comes this book...another reminder to be quiet...or quieter.  Our God chooses the most interesting of ways to maintain an open line of communication.  Sometimes, His Voice is quiet, a mere whisper.  Sometimes, He grabs your attention in a quite the loud way...more about that coming in the next post.

How is God speaking to you?  What testimonies for Him might you share?

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment