Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Thankful - Day 1 - The Girl, The Heart

Today, The Girl and I traveled to meet with her cardiologist...for the last time, as he has taken a new position...and to meet the new caretaker of my Baby Doll's heart.  We decided we like this new lady, for, one, as The Girl quickly noted, "She's a girl."  Yes.

Below is what I shared on Facebook as we returned home...feeling very grateful on this first day of November:

Just have to testify...while I sit and Holly drives...

Holly has a new cardiologist. We like her...very informative...easy to talk to.

Then, she says, "I have been looking at Holly's records and her caths and reports, getting to know her. I was prepared to come in here and see a very sickly girl, but here she stands, so healthy."

This resulted in my asking a few questions about those reports...no, little to any changes from last year.

Okay...now, we can praise the Lord...and the thousands of prayers...literally!...that have gone up for this girl!

Those who have babies who visit ACH will understand what I am about to say...you don't realize how tense you are until that doctor walks out and you get to take your Baby Doll home. Twice in our past after such a visit, we left going home to prepare for a surgery.

As we walked outside, I overheard a Nana say, "Today has been a rough day."

I have lived those, also.

Holly will be on a heart monitor for 30 days. She has been having what we call "flutters." May need a med adjustment.

Maybe tonight we could pray for that family who has had a rough day? One day we will hear the power of our interceding prayers...for our God does answer prayers.

I know...one of them is driving me home.

No comments:

Post a Comment