Tuesday, January 3, 2017

The First Complete Read-Through

I finished reading the Bible.

I finished reading the Bible for the first time.

I finished reading the Bible for the first time from cover to cover.

I finished reading the Bible for the first time from cover to cover using a chronological Bible.

Image result for bible read through 2017Am I proud of this?

Yes.

No.

Yes, because I can now say I have read the entire Bible...from cover to cover.  Yes.

No, because I should have completed this mission years ago and have been finishing that cover to cover read for the umpteenth time.

I have begun reading through again.  This time I hope to read the entire Bible in one year.  This time, I will again us this arrangement here.  I learned so much...sooooooo much...using this method.  The Bible came alive and was much less confusing in the repetitions.

Also, a good study Bible is just priceless.  I love mine.  Should God ever tell me to give mine away (I have heard tell of that!), then, I would just have to buy another.  Right then.

Reading the Bible through gives me such a sense of completeness (that word...that one word...complete...from two years ago...still having an impact even today).

Keep reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment