Sunday, February 12, 2017

Through His Word

For the past two weeks, my Sunday School, using the Gospel Project curriculum, has been studying Nehemiah...one of my favorite books of the Bible...definitely in the top 66!

Several years ago, the Lord spoke to me through this book, in a mighty and powerful way.

Let me pause...God speaks to me through His Word often, but two times, He has spoken more loudly, more profoundly (if possible), more direct.  When I read Nehemiah 6:3 that day, I stopped, re-read...and re-read:  I am doing a good work, and I cannot come down.

The second time this occurred, a few years later, happened while reading II Chronicles 20:15b.  Yes, the battle's not mine...but His.

Through these scriptures, I have learned much:

  1. God's Word is alive.  He speaks, sometimes quietly, sometimes so loudly you have to sit and make sure that He is finished, heart beating a bit faster, listening for more.
  2. I have learned that I can be less verbal, less active, for when I am less involved, He receives all The Glory.  Yes.
  3. He is ever mindful, knowing exactly what I need, when I need it.  His timeliness is perfect.
Tonight, in Discipleship Training class as we studied the Seven Church Ages, one of several lessons of which we were reminded...He wants us to ever be getting to know Him...through His Word, through praise and worship, through Quiet Time...just by spending time with Him.

As we noted tonight, I want to love Him more.  More tomorrow than I did today.  More next week than last month.  Just more....

Blessings...

No comments:

Post a Comment