Friday, August 4, 2017

While I Have Been Silent...

Although I have not been present here, the Lord has been very much present in the last few weeks.  May I begin to share?  (In my scurrying here and there, I have been making lists, one of which is a list of topics on which I have thoughts for here; hope to have much to say soon!)


  • During July, I spent 19 days straight days in meetings, of one sort or another.  Before I began them, I asked the Lord to plant people in my path...or to plant me in their paths.  He did.  He also removed me from paths.  He is just like that!  From Las Vegas to Orlando to Trumann to Searcy to right in my own home town, He was there, and I am grateful.
  • During these travels, I spent much time with new and old friends whom God has placed in my life, a prayer answered I prayed a few years ago...for God to send me friends that are ladies.  Has He blessed me!  Traveled to National Board meeting with three, to ILA with seven, met two in Truman, several in Searcy, and peers at school.  I am so very grateful.
  • I applied for a position within our building.  Never even got an acknowledgement of receipt of my resume that I submitted to two, much less an interview.  After learning that an elementary teacher received this secondary position and after about two minutes of feeling as professionally insulted as I ever have, I thanked the Lord for answering another prayer.  Now, I am praying I accept this answer with grace, for my human side does seem to want to rule at times!  May it not.  For that, I will be most grateful.
  • Within my family, I have witnessed so many prayers answered, amazingly so.  God is just so mindful.  My husband was diagnosed with a rare and advancing form of arthritis in his feet, which has resulted in a major lifestyle change for him...and for me, yet through it all, this extreme has also resulted in his drawing ever closer to the Lord.  I am grateful.
  • My daughter was involved in another wreck (third in a year...none of which were her fault)...and she turned 18.  That's right...the Lord has work for her to do!  She is also learning to give her testimony.  For this day, I prayed.  I will continue to tell her story...four heart/lung surgeries...amazing, she is.  Amazing, He is.  For this testimony and these 18 years, I am grateful.
Certainly is great to be so grateful!  For what are you most grateful?

Blessings!







No comments:

Post a Comment