Friday, February 23, 2018

Lord, Do You Need My Help?

This week, in the study of The Patriarchs, time has been spent with Rebekah...time I needed, time that has resulted in my being less enamored with her!  I just so love the romance of Isaac and Rebekah.  They pause...see each other for the first time...love sparks...they run to decrease the distance between...and they live happily ever after.  Or not.  No. Yes.

Then, she gets pregnant.  With twins.  What a happy time.  Or not.  No.  Yes?

The younger grabs the heel of the younger.  Rebekah is told, "The older shall serve the younger."

As it just so happens, she prefers the younger.

Wait.

She is the mother to both...the older AND the younger.  Times have not changed that much!  A mom loves her babies.  How could she not? 

My enamoredness declines!

As I continued to ponder on this lesson...and later discussed with my husband...sometimes NOT knowing is just for the best.  Certainly so, in my case, for I know myself.  I would just be too tempted to help out.  Just a little.  Here. And there. Or a lot!

Thank you, Jesus, for saving me from myself! 

As I meander over my past, I can now say...isn't hindsight truly 20/20?!...my ways may not be His Ways, but His Ways I always want to my ways.  Every day I seek this more.

Amen!


No comments:

Post a Comment