Saturday, January 1, 2022

Reading the Bible: Chronologically

Today, I began reading the Bible again using a chronological plan located here that I discovered several years ago.  Well, seven years ago, to be exact.  How do I know?  

  • 2015:  Old Testament
  • 2016:  New Testament
  • 2017:  Old and New
  • 2018:  Old and New
  • 2019/2020:  Old/New
  • 2021:  Old and New
According to this math?  2022 will encourage my reading the Bible chronologically for the sixth time.

Why again?  I have learned so much history and so much Bible.  Just that repetition is powerful.  AND...even though I have now read the entire Bible a few times, I will find myself thinking, "I don't remember that...at all."  Just revelation...as needed.  Yes, just another way that God speaks to me.  Therefore, I must keep reading...and re-reading!  Yes!

I recommend this plan to any and all who will listen, for the journey has been the reason that I have learned much of what I know about the Bible...yet I have so much to still learn.  So much.

This is not a slow read, as 3-4 chapters need to be read each day, consistently, to achieve reading the entire Bible in a year.  But...this does not have to be a reader's only way to study.  Focus on a verse.  Also, slowly read and study a book of the Bible.  Or reading just the Old or New Testament throughout a year.  But...I need this chronological read again as I need to continue to learn the history...of what happened to whom...and when...and how that affected those before and after.  Just.  So.  Interesting!

No matter the method...just keep reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment