Saturday, January 14, 2023

Jesus Did

 My week in comments (and observations) as said by others and myself:

  • Asking who would like to serve our mission field…and witnessing the outpouring.
  • Yes, I like seeing a junior so happy she just begins to skip down the hallway. Go, girl, go!
  • “Listen. You are sounding like a teenager. You need to stop,” say I to that teenager standing in front of me imitating me!
  • “Mrs. Gillmore, you sound happier. You are talking more.” πŸ™„πŸ˜³
  • What? More? Hummm…not sure that is possible?!
  • Victoria Covington’s book is on pre-sale…and I am told I am in it. What?!?
  • “Julia and I were talking about you singing in the hallway…and right then you began to sing, and we could hear you through door.” (Speaking of the ?!?πŸ˜³πŸ™„)
  • “Keep selling that Kool-aid.”
  • “Mrs. Gillmore, are you in here singing to yourself?” (No…there’s a kiddo with me who I had just greeted.🎡)
  • “How about Gillmore Brownies?” (As part of a reward for scoring high on the ACT in March.) Alright then. Note to self: Buy stock in brownie mix!
  • Teachers like to read. But…I read the most! πŸ“š
  • “I’ll do that Wal-mart pick up for you.”
  • Asking some to bring a dessert…and seeing the table is spread with more than enough. Of course.
  • Gathering at the table is important. (Jesus did.)
  • Dessert Buffets bring people together.
  • “You are all unique. You all have a gift.”
  • “He is at a 2.75.” - “But…everyone deserves three strikes.” (I am learning to appreciate a good baseball metaphor…and just maybe this time we will get a homerun…or, at least, make it to base!)
  • Singing to Cadence one day and being told she cannot find her singing voice…then, being sung back to from my favorite Cadence in the whole wide world a day later. The music is in there.
  • And…as I noted to my two passengers, my favorite part of a funeral is the drive to the burial…as car after car stops and pays that final respect to a life lived here. This one in particular would have been 95 next week and was a World War II veteran and whose family adopted me many years ago, further proving to me that not all family has to be blood related. Glad I shared those sentiments recently to him…for one is not guaranteed tomorrow. Yes, I am very glad I like to talk.πŸ™ƒπŸ˜‰πŸ˜

No comments:

Post a Comment