Monday, February 27, 2012

One by One


Last night as I prepared for class church, I was just a bit disappointed at the number in attendance.  With five minutes until starting time, only five people sat, waiting, chatting.    Please do not get me wrong...I firmly believe that where two or three are gathered in His name, there He is with us (Matthew 18:20).  Truly, it is not about the number but about the Holy Spirit that is there.  But still...we usually average 15 or so.

Then, they began to arrive.  One. Two. Three at at time.  My last count = 23.  (Plus, we were missing several that are normally there.)  I wish you could have been there!  Some of my final words:  "I so love this sweet spirit I feel here.  I sure hope you can feel it, too."  From their expressions, they were feeling it, too! The Lord met us during our concluding study on the three of the ancient disciplines in the Bible:  meditating, fasting, and having quiet time.  Blessed we were.  Blessed we are.

I shared earlier that our theme song for this unit has been Casting Crown's song "Spirit Wind," and that as the song encourages, God is raising an army in our church.  I believe it...and I plan to testify about it right here...so please keeping visiting me as I share our growth.

These past two months have been about each member and God...getting closer, being selfish.  Now, we begin a study of The Controversial Jesus.  As I shared with the group last night, the Lord has a plan, I believe, to activate.  This may have already started...for before our class, several gathered to write notes to church members who need to hear from us.  Seven ladies doing a work for the Lord...with such a sweet, sweet spirit.

God is good...all the time, and all the time, God is good.  How is God blessing you?  Please leave a comment.  I would so appreciate hearing your testimonies!

No comments:

Post a Comment