Monday, March 19, 2012

My Church Face


I receive a daily e-newsletter from Daughters of Promise...here's today's.  Interesting topic...the face we wear to church.

Let love be genuine. Abhor what is evil; hold fast to what is good. Romans 12:9
Our God is an awesome God...yet I continue to be amazed at how He ties all the pieces I am reading together...all written at different times by different people in different situations: my daily Bible readings, my Sunday school lessons and the curriculum for our discipleship training class, our Made to Crave study on Wednesday evenings, Journey:  A Woman's Guide to Intimacy with God (a monthly mini-magazine, compliments of our church), such newsletters as the one above.

When the Lord wants us to learn a lesson, He certainly can immerse in just the right places in His Word.

Last night, our church had a "discussion," and I was so proud of all the sides that came together in just the right spirit.  As with any division, there are usually three sides:  right and left...and those in the middle who just did not realize that a division was occurring.  Everyone that wanted to speak spoke, and two sides left chatting.

I like to believe that others in my church are immersing themselves in God's Word, and because of that, His Spirit hovered there with us, for "real" church faces were present there...during and afterwards.  May we continue to stay close to His leading.

I encourage you to take some time to immerse yourself in various Godly readings and see if God just might have an answer, a leading there for you.  He does work in all kinds of ways His wonders to perform...

No comments:

Post a Comment