Saturday, January 5, 2013

Simply Amazing

Where to begin?  Today, I have several topics on my mind that relate to this blog's purpose.  Maybe just a list...then more in-depth thoughts later...

  • Miss Mollie.  The pet of a dear church friend, this little dog went to a better place, and in hoping help a friend, I  assisted in her funeral this week.  She had been the pet, friend, confidant, family to Ms. Betty for 14 years, and I felt so helpless, for there is little one can do to help with the grieving process, other than to allow time and prayers to bring the comfort needed.  My husband and son dug the grave.  We assisted in placing Ms. Mollie in a box that Ms. Betty's father had built 50 years ago.  Then, Ms. Betty asked me to say a few words.  Now, this, I had not planned.  The amazing result is, that as always, God provides the words.  We just need to allow Him to use our vessels.
  • Kisses from Katie.  PLEASE read this book.  Purchase it and place in your own library or, better yet, share it and spread the good news of the amazing power of God's Love.  Katie, now a mother to 13 Ugandan girls...yes, 13...shares her experiences and will bless your heart and inspire you to love more than you ever have. 
  • Women's Retreat:  I felt to have a retreat last year and allowed myself to be talked out this project.  Please pray that God will open the doors and open the hearts in such amazing ways.  He has such a blessing in store for the ladies in our church.  Lord, please use me here.  Naomi and Ruth will be our focus...M&M...mentor and mentee.  I already have the resources; I even have a theme song ("I'm with You" from The Story cd); just need to develop the curriculum and begin to plant the seed in several ladies that I know will help, and then watch this idea bloom.
  • Summer Backyard VBS:  As I was on Lifeway's website yesterday, I noticed this link to a new VBS curriculum choice, the Colossal Coaster World Backyard Kids' Club, and the Lord spoke to my heart.  This is what we need to have in our community park early this summer...then maybe move to the church for a more extended VBS.  Last year, our church did not host a VBS.  I did not feel good about that decision at all, but so many things have changed, and this year we will once again revive during the time of VBS.  Wouldn't that just be amazing to reach just one more soul?
  • The Perfect Will.  There is no better place to be than in the Perfect Will of the Lord.  I am soooooo excited about all that our Lord in doing in and for our church.  We are enjoying the Intentional Interim Program through our state's associational ministry via Dr. Charles and Mrs. Lavelle.  Oh, my!  They are such examples and blessings to every person in our church.  Amazing, the good news God brings in just the time we need it.
Yes, amazing.  God is so good.  His grace is sufficient and simply amazing.  Should you have time, please take a moment and listen to this song and pray for His amazing grace on the above situations even more.  Thank you...and God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment