Saturday, January 5, 2013

SSMT: Year 2

I participated in the Siesta Scripture Memory Team last year...well, kind of, sort of.  I had great intentions, so here I go again, whether I memorize one verse or 24, any is better than I know now.

This challenge is hosted by Living Proof Ministries and Beth Moore and her team. For more information, you may go here, read the directions, and sign up!

My Verse #1:  

  • So teach us to number our days, that we may present to you a heart of wisdom. Psalms 90:12  (NASB)
What does this verse mean to me?  We are to appreciate, respect, live each hour, day, week, for no matter how many we have, they should all be lived for Him, for in living in such a manner, I may develop wisdom, a gift I so earnestly seek.

Wisdom.  I specifically prayed for wisdom the other day in raising my children.  These teenage years are much more difficult than babyhood!

Honestly?  I have not prayed enough for wisdom.  With this scripture, I begin to pray more for it in all aspects of my life:  work, family, church, friends.  If any of you is deficient in wisdom, let him ask of the giving God [Who gives] to everyone liberally and ungrudgingly, without reproaching or faultfinding, and it will be given him. James 1: 5  

What else might I obtain from this memory verse?  A teacher, I become the student in this verse, for I ask Him to "teach" me.  As I look back over 2012, I realize that He has been teaching me to number my days.  My mom eased into Heaven last January.  A close friend moved four hours away.  The year ended with my father-in-law in the hospital recovering from a minor stroke.  I am learning, Lord.

Part of me wants to say, "Lord, I just want to be present.  I am not looking for stars in my crown, a mansion on the hilltop, or a heart that is better than anyone else's.  I just want to be there."

Then, another part of me says, "Lord, I want to present to You whatever You ask.  If David says this important, then this is important."

One way I want to become more aware of my numbered days in my life is by becoming more "fit," which is MyOneWord for 2013, fit spiritually, physically, emotionally, mentally, for myself, for my family, for my students, for my Christian walk.

Here is my prayer:  "Lord, please help me to help myself to become fit in all areas of my life to be a better Christian, a better mom, a better wife, a better teacher, better in all areas for You. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment