Sunday, March 2, 2014

My Vision, My Dream...The Answer



God is good, isn't He?

Here's some background for you...I have taught high school English for 23 year in three different schools.  Over those years, I have been blessed to meet many young adults, some of whom weigh heavy on my heart for they are unchurched.

Over the last few years, I have been burdened for them and believe that the Lord is going to lead...and is leading...some of them back to our church, where many attended VBS as a child, where many received Bibles at the Baccalaureate services we hosted for each graduating class.

Sometimes, you just plant the seeds.

Notice what Paul says in I Corinthians 3:
6 My job was to plant the seed in your hearts, and Apollos watered it, but it was God, not we, who made it grow. 7 The ones who do the planting or watering aren't important, but God is important because he is the one who makes the seed grow. 8 The one who plants and the one who waters work as a team with the same purpose. Yet they will be rewarded individually, according to their own hard work.
This, we have been discussing in my Sunday School class (actually, I did not realize how much until one repeated it back to me!).  Unfortunately, for us who want all things to occur yesterday, some seeds grow very sloooooooowly.  We have the very same tree planted at the very same time in our front yard...and they are different sizes.

When we started my Sunday School class last September, two of my former students arrived for it.  Then, another began coming to church.  Then another.  Today, the pastor reminded us about the prodigal son.  I am the parent who is sooooooo excited about her children/students returning.

Then, last Wednesday, one contacted me about church times and stated the Lord had told her to get in touch with me and to attend our church.  Now, that, my friends, is 
          a God Thing
.  In his time, in His growing.

Right now, as I ponder on this, I can see more faces.  One, God is placing them there for me so I will pray for them.  Two, with each face that appears at church, oh, the faith continues to grow.

In Philemon, faith is discussed this way:  "I pray that you may be active in sharing your faith."  Let's do it!   All it takes is faith the size of a mustard seed.

God is working.  He is cultivating.  He is growing.  The seeds are there.  What's growing in your life? In your churches?  In your community?

No comments:

Post a Comment