Tuesday, September 2, 2014

A Gospel Nugget...or two...

I like this one...
It is the Lord who goes before you.  He will be with you; he will not leave your nor forsake you.  Do not fear nor be dismayed. - Deut. 31:8.

Throughout both of the last two evenings, I have sat and listened to two women share tremendous testimonies:  one a newly retired elementary teacher, the other a young adult interviewing this week for a job, both learning to trust Him, to lean on Him, to rest in Him.   As I listened, I was just so blessed and uplifted to witness the growth in faith of both of these women.  These are such powerful times.  God is so mindful.

...the Lord who goes before you...

Earlier today, I received a text from a young Christian wife whose husband is about to fly to Hawaii to work for a while.  Scared, fearful of the many events and troubles in our country and around our world, she asked if I thought he should go.  Oh, my!  The question.  My reply:  "Pray.  Seek His will.  Then, either go...or stay...in His name and take a step of faith, either here or there."  Then, I read this scripture...now, I will share this gospel nugget with her.

He will be with you.

On Sunday morning, I sat and listened to two young women share prayer requests that caused my heart to yearn for answers from God to their prayer requests, both asking for God to intervene in family matters, matters so close that tears filled the eyes as words were sought to explain the dilemmas.

Do not fear nor be dismayed.

I listened through the speaker of my phone as a concerned friend shared a rumor she thought I should know about my daughter.  A lie.  A work of Satan.  This one backfired on him, for through this, both The Daughter and I turned to Him, for comfort, for solace, for answers, for relief.  He was there.  Every time.

I really like this one...
It is the Lord who goes before you.  He will be with you; he will not leave your nor forsake you.  Do not fear nor be dismayed. - Deut. 31:8.

Blessings, my friend.  He is with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment