Friday, September 12, 2014

In Anticipation...

Tomorrow, thirteen sisters in the Lord are traveling with or meeting me to attend the Beth Moore Simulcast.  I am beyond excited!  Truly!

I attended this event the last two years and was blessed immeasurably...even though I attended solo.  Part of me truly enjoyed that...just a day surrounded by other women, just a day where, at the same time, Jesus and I met.  So blessed.

This year, when I learned the same church would be hosting again, I just began inviting the women, and one by one each began to accept my invitation.  Now, they are coming from all over:  three are traveling over an hour, one from out of state; two are teachers with whom I work; several attend church with me, two from within our community.  All who have needs; some so wounded, one just having lost her four-month-old daughter to SIDS.  All who have needs.

Tonight, on the way from the football game, my fifteen-year-old daughter announced she just felt like she should go tomorrow.  Praise God!

I feel just a bit like Joshua did when he said, "Consecrate yourselves, for tomorrow the Lord will do wonders among you."   Wonders. Miracles.  I am rejoicing already for what He is going to do for these ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment