Sunday, September 28, 2014

Just Fifteen Minutes

I am participating in Lysa TyKeurst's of Proverbs 31 online book study The Best Yes.

I  teach twice on Sunday:  Sunday School the book of Hebrews and Sunday evening MasterWork Fall 2014:  Essential Messages from God's Servants (David Jeremiah's Slaying the Giants in Your Life.)

I assist with the children on Wednesday evenings doing crafts/activities from The Gospel Project.

I participate in a part-time ladies' study of Beth Moore's Children of the Day (finishing the study tomorrow evening and beginning her Esther study).

I am also slowly reading Virelle Kidder's Meet Me at the Well: Take a Month & Water Your Soul (taking me a bit more than a month!).

I also teach English full-time and participate in two other book clubs.

And...yes, that is why I need The Best Yes, as I  resist continuing to say "yes, I'll do that."

Yesterday, as I read about too-busy schedules and finding that soul time to do what is pulling at your heart strings, I realized that while I am so busy with all the above "church" activities, I am not doing what I really feel called to do...more about that as I continue to write here, for I know what I want; just need confirmation from Him.

I enjoy blogging, though, and want to do so daily, yet, day by day, the missed opportunities leave, vanish. This is where that 15 minutes comes in.  I am clearing my schedule 15 minutes for at least four days a week to blog, either here, on my teacher blog, or on my book review blog.
Don't get so locked in to your overwhelming schedule that you haphazardly spend your soul.  It's time to flip that.  Never is a woman so fulfilled as when she chooses to underwhelm her schedule so she can let God overwhelm her soul.
Yes.

Time's up.  Now, to get ready to discuss that giant called Worry during tonight's Discipleship Training class.  Thinking...Casting Crown's "Thrive" may be a good place to start.

Then, to read for the college-level class I teach tomorrow after school.

AND to finish the last few lessons of Children of the Day.

What are you doing with your 15 minutes of soul time?

No comments:

Post a Comment