Tuesday, September 30, 2014

I Cannot Come Down

Last night, I sat and listened.  As did two others.  The fourth lady?  She talked.  Shared.  Cried.  Hurting.

Once her spirit quieted, another lady expressed her gratitude for having such a group with whom she knew she could share her most personal needs.

Then, we prayed.

When Beth Moore announced her summer study of Children of the Day, a spiritual analysis of I and II Thessalonians, I just felt compelled to host  this study at our church.  Initially, no one seemed interested.  Then, one by one they signed on, and our small group grew to five.  Just the perfect number for us.

A nine-week study, Children of the Day became a four-month study, resulting in our meeting just in God's perfect timing so that the night's focus became just the message that one of the five needed from the Lord. (See above for example!)  It was truly amazing to witness. I know...at this point in my walk with the Lord, nothing that my God does should amaze me, but amazed, excited, humbled, grateful I am.  Every time.

As we neared the end of the study, one of the ladies asked, "What study shall we do next?"

What?  Another study?

After some discussion, the group decided to participate in Beth Moore's study of Esther: It's Tough Being a Woman.  Then, possible Kelly Minter's study of Nehemiah.  I so love both of these books of the Bible.

May I leave you with my very favorite scriptures from Nehemiah...chapter 6...verse 3...?
I am doing a great work, and I cannot come down.  - ESV
Nehemiah refused to listen to his enemies, the distractors who attempted to interrupt his direction, his work for the Lord.  This bible study is a great work for the ladies involved, so no matter how busy my schedule, no matter how tired I may be after a very long day, no matter how some may suggest that this is the one thing I should no longer do, no matter...this is a great work from which I cannot come down.

What great work for the Lord are you doing?  For what work will you not stop, no matter who attempts to interfere or dissuade you?

No comments:

Post a Comment