Saturday, January 3, 2015

Chronological Read: Thoughts about Noah

Below are the comments I posted for today's Bible read:

One year on the boat! That's quite a long time. I had not noticed that length of time before.

It will be interesting one day in Heaven to hear the story of that time. 


This reminds me of the song..."Sometimes, He calms the storm...sometimes, He calms me." I imagine there was quite a time when those outside wanted in...very desperately; but God had shut them in. Surely, He calmed those inside. I know I sure appreciate when He calms me during my storms.

I also thought it was interesting how the animals came to Noah. Just a gentle reminder that when we have so much going on in our lives, God takes care of details. He is ever mindful.

It has rained and rained here in Arkansas. What a great reminder this read is that He reigns...but will never rain again as He did then.  As Joanne Weaver commented, His Mercy, though, is tremendous, for His heart must be breaking when He looks at our world's condition.

It's not too late to join in the read-along and enjoy the comments here.

No comments:

Post a Comment