Saturday, January 3, 2015

Study, Obey, Teach

My first scripture to memorize for Beth Moore's SSMT is Ezra 7:10 -
Now Ezra had determined in his heart to study the law of the Lord, obey it, and teach its statutes and ordinances in Israel.
Now read with your name substituted -
Now Tammy had determined in her heart to study the law of the Lord, obey it, and teach its statutes and ordinances in Arkansas.
Yes, that speaks to me.

  • Study
  • Obey
  • Teach 

This scripture also popped off the screen last evening as I was looking up a chronological version of the Bible for possible purchase in my read-along for Joanne Weaver's Challenge to read the Bible in chronological order in one year.  Here, I found a site with support materials for this challenge (some resources are free; some are not).  In the writer's bio, he used the above scripture.

What does this mean?  Nothing to no one but myself...just caused my spirit to quicken a bit.  More like a spiritual pat on the back of confirmation of my first scripture choice.  Ahhhh...thank you, Lord.

This scripture is also the Memory Verse in our Sunday School literature for next week.  It almost feels like cheating to use one for another study.  Wait!  Any way we learn scripture is pure honesty...no cheating here!  

This may be the method I use throughout the year;  I'll just wait and see what scriptures He provides through the Sunday School studies and what scriptures speak to me through the chronological read.  I just know that my life is busy, and if I may merge these studies, I will focus more and learn more.

What is this scripture saying thus far to me?

  • Study:  I want to complete this read of the Bible.  Never have I read the entire Bible.  I have been all over it; just not a complete read.  Yes, I write that with shame.  (NOTE:  Completer is my one word for the My One Word Challenge.)  As a growing Christian, I am more convinced than ever that IN His Word is where I need to be.
  • Obey:  All of it.  There are places in my life where I need to be a better Christian.  I am certain that through these studies and focuses that He is going to continue to speak to me about those particular places!  He is just that kind of God!
  • Teach:  Besides two classes at church, I want to partake in teaching my daughter more, the children in our church more, my grandgirls more, me more.  Just more.
How are you studying or learning the Bible more this year?

Blessings as you read.

No comments:

Post a Comment