Tuesday, September 6, 2016

In 50 Days...


Image result for 50th birthday

In 50 days, I will be 50!   What a milestone.

In celebration of the first 50 years of my life, I hope to post here daily highlights and memories of family and friends.

Today, Day 50, I am so thankful for my Paper Chase Book Club lady friends.  We meet once a month, have dinner, and chat over a book for an hour or so.

When I first joined this group a couple of years ago, I knew hardly any of the members, but as time passed, I have sat and listened and slowly began giving some input, for I truly just enjoy sitting and listening to their views.

OR maybe I just enjoy the sitting down for an event for which I had prepared nothing and for which I was responsible for nothing...just sit and relax!  That truly is a treat!

Well...except for the one month a year when preparing the meal and the book discussion is my responsibility, which I host in the summer when I have more free time.

These ladies are on my mind today, for we meet this evening to eat and discuss The Orphan Train, a book I read a year or so ago.

Yes, these are a great way to begin my list of highlights and memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment