Wednesday, September 7, 2016

In 49 Days...


Image result for 50th birthday

In 49 days, I will be 50.  I have had an incredible journey; thus, as the days pass, I am reflecting on 50 highlights with family and friends.
______________________________

This evening, I will spend time with children, youth, and workers at my church.  While this group, as a combo, adds stress to my life at times (I have never claimed that teaching the elementary age was my "calling"), they have also added tremendous joy and reward, for not an evening goes by spent with them around God's Word that I am not tremendously blessed.

As I chatted with one of the other workers/friends last evening around her hospital bed as she begins recovering from surgery, we discussed the high needs of at least 95% of our group that the Lord has sent our way.  Quite the group He has sent, too!

This group has taught me to pray as I should have been praying for all of my nearly 50 years, "Lord, help me love as you love.  Help me drive the van as you would drive the van.  Help me laugh as you would laugh.  Help me seek souls as you would seek souls."

As I noted in an earlier blog post, we all know what Jesus would do:  He would love and He would go.  I am learning to not even ask what He would do...I am learning to pray that I do His Bidding as He would fulfil that call/need.

I thank this group for teaching me to love more and to go more, for Jesus does tell me, "Go, Tammy, into all nations (right now that is my community) and get disciples, baptizing and teaching them."

Tonight, I teach.

No comments:

Post a Comment