Monday, May 29, 2017

Women's Conference...Part 1

Today, the ladies and I begin meeting to plot and plan for our third annual Making Choices Women's Conference.  I have learned over the years that the prepping can be almost as much of a blessing as the events themselves.  Almost.  :)

My hope this year is that we accomplish much over Monday - Wednesday, so we may have some time for rest and prayer before the conference.  We'll see...much to do!

This year's theme is Freedom.  The Lord gave me this word as I was driving to the conference last year. No...I don't know 2018's word yet.  Maybe He is going to give it to someone else to share.  OR maybe it's not time for me to drive to Friday night's event!

As I have begun working on the conference and thinking about this word, I realize that Freedom has two places in my life:

  1. Freedom from...here chains are broken.
  2. Freedom to...here links are chained together.
I have needed both...and I still need both.

Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. -  2 Corinthians 3:17
The Lord is there...when the chains need to be broken...and when the links need to be brought together.  The devil wants to bind and put us in chains...the Lord will break those chains, freeing His Daughters of the King to ever more link up with Him and His Kingdom, serving Him, working for Him, worshiping with Him.  The Lord wants us linked in unity and fellowship...the devil wants those chains not just broken...but destroyed.  This week, we loose the chains...and link in fellowship.

See the opposites between the two?  The Lord is freedom.  The devil is bondage.  For the two cannot...nor will they ever...mix.

Every lady attending this weekend is at some point in this chain...some need freed from chains that bind; some need the links strengthened and lengthened.  All need more of Him.  He will be there.

Even now, we are praying for those attending this event.  Some of the ladies may not even know they are attending...but they are...and we are praying for them even now.

How may I pray for you?  Will you join us in prayer?


No comments:

Post a Comment