Friday, November 10, 2017

Join Me...As I Give Thanks...

Days 3-9: Thankful I am to have a busy life that has included the following:

  • Last Friday night, as we do on most Friday evenings, The Husband and I enjoyed dinner and a couple of movies, right here in our own home.  We do enjoy that time.  Very much.
  • Last Saturday and Sunday, my family provided a way that I might stay home last weekend (which had not happened since my sister had surgery)...I was also sick and did not need to be around my sister, so that worked out nicely.  I finished a baby quilt, worked on another for my brother, and did a bit of straightening/cleaning...no, not too much!
  • On Monday evening, we hosted the first of two meetings of ARA's last book club for 2017 as we read Louis Sachar's Fuzzy Mud.  The main character is in 5th grade...but...and...I am really enjoying the novel!  Very much!
  • On Tuesday evening, I enjoyed having dinner with my Paper Chase Book Club friends and chatting about our current read.  This group of ladies...I like them. 
  • Then, on Wednesday, three of us worked with our church's children and youth and finished 59 Samaritan Shoeboxes.  What a blessing!  
  • Last evening, I spent with two Lyon College students in my methods class where we chatted about...several topics!...one of which was our presentation for next week's ARA Literacy Conference.  Fun!  Well, it will be...when we are ready!
  • Today, I was granted the gift of time when I remained behind and did not attend the College Fair with my seniors.  This past 8 1/2 weeks of Judy's Journey has taken much time, so being granted these extra few hours was needed...and appreciated.  Much.
Yes, a busy week.  I am blessed.  Every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment