Saturday, December 23, 2017

God Has a Face

This season, I have spent some time in Max Lucado's Because of Bethlehem and have so enjoyed his perspective...especially on God's choice to have a face; he came as a baby. 

Why?

As we discussed in our youth Sunday School class, Jesus could have come as anyone, as any of our favorite heroes...I chose Iron Man!  Seriously!  Jesus really IS Iron Man! 

BUT He came as a baby.

Why?

He knew that one day I would need to know that He lived and faced and conquered every sin that I will ever tempt me...that He did so and never sinned...that He did so and sacrificed himself just for me.  And you.

Can you image the emotions that Mary felt as she first perused the face of Jesus, knowing who He really was...and is...and will be?
"...and she gave birth to her firstborn, a son. She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger..." (Luke 2:7)
I can remember as a new mom, just staring at my baby's face, searching for continual perfections.  Unwrapping the blankets, checking out the toes, inspecting each finger, the ears...just in love with each and every cell.

There, she held The Perfection. Yet.  The mom in her must have searched, touched, loved on her first baby, her son, Baby Jesus. 

This face would change the world.  This face would change me.   This face continues to change me.

Thank you, God, for sending a face to the earth. 

Merry CHRISTmas to me...and you!


No comments:

Post a Comment