Wednesday, December 27, 2017

In the Spirit

This morning, as I continue my chronological read of the Bible (just four days remain...and four more readings), I paused on an expression by John in the book of Revelation and then scanned down to the study note to read that John scripted this expression four times throughout the book: "And instantly I was in the Spirit..." (Rev. 4:2a)

To many, John is an example of enduring nearly the impossible:  boiled in oil.  What a harsh repercussion for standing for the Lord.  Yet.  Following this, he was banished to Patmos where he was given Revelation. Here, we learn how the story ends...and then continues into eternity.  Praises!

Part of me thinks that John would suffer even much more to be "in the Spirit."  Okay...all of me!  Wow!  I can only imagine.  Can you?  To be in the Spirit...to see that old dragon conquered once and for all...to see The One on the white Horse, riding in, to save me...and you...for all eternity.

Just makes you want to raise those hands and begin the praising!

As 2017 comes to a close, I want this scripture.  I claim this scripture:  "And instantly I was in the Spirit..."...through reading His Word, through praying to Him, through fellowship with my Christian brothers and sisters centered around learning The Word ever more.  When I face the questions, the tasks, the stalemates, I want to be so close to Him that He answers for me, that He fills my brain for of His Understanding, His Love, His Knowledge.  Just.  Like.  That.

Several years ago, the Lord began awaking me early...wide awake...as in, no chance or even want-to to return to snoozing under those warm covers.  I, instantly, visualized that first cup of coffee...and spending time with Him in The Word. Over the past three years, I have read the Bible cover to cover, using a chronological Bible.  The best of times, learning more Bible than I previously knew...ever.  (I have also completed several Bible studies, which contributed to my learning also...and I, too, have listened more attentively to messages at church.  Yep.  That really helps!)

I have much to learn.  The more I learn, the more I am concerned I am still drinking milk...and not eating enough meat, as Paul discusses in I Corinthians.  I like milk. But.  I need protein.  I need that meat!  I need that "instantly in the Spirit."  For the times when I am reading The Word. For those in need of a Word who God will plant in my path.  For revelations that occur when I re-read a verse for the upteenth time and finally understand what I did not before.  Yes, I need and want meat!

As this year draws to a close, I am watching for verses to take into 2018 with me....yes, Rev. 4:2a, this one will go with me.

What has been your verse(s) for 2017?  Had God given you any for 2018?  Just ask Him...He will!

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment