Sunday, September 23, 2018

Everyone Builds

This week, I have spent some time in Nehemiah.  Love that book.  So many powerful messages from the Lord located within those pages.

As I re-read the chapters, I asked the Lord to open my eyes/mind to something new for me.  He did.  Of course!

This time chapter three spoke to me.  If you have time and would like, go read chapter three now.  Yes...I will wait!






Back with me?  I can almost hear what you are thinking...one of those chapters with all those names I cannot pronounce!  So true.  Those names, though, are the builders, the workers, the rulers.  Yes, those in positions of overseering perhaps who modeled work, becoming involved in this massive reconstruction.  Could this be a tremendous example of "servant leadership?"

Would you think with me for a moment?  Leaders who work with...and not over...how much more do you respect them?  I know they are busy, with loaded plates, people to see, decisions to make, orders to give.  But.  For whom will we in turn work for more?  Yes, servant leadership is a definite win-win.

Nehemiah 4:6b says, "for the people had the will to keep working."

The will to keep working.

Nehemiah and the leaders modeled, encouraged, served.  I just have to think that this "will" came from those powerful examples of work.

SIDENOTE:  I have inferred that Nehemiah's love language, according to 5:17-18, was food!  Please read those verses.  Right?!

Just one more nugget...this one came to me a few years ago, when I needed it the most.  In the midst of those attempting to distract and disrupt the progress, Nehemiah says in 6:3, "I am doing a great work and cannot come down."  These words spoke to me during a time when I needed just this encouragement.  Our eyes must remain focused on the end, the goal, the Creator.  We cannot allow ourselves to become distracted and disrupted from the task of the day nor the goal of Eternity.

Yes, everyone builds.  Serving, leading, working, restoring, building...all through modeling Christ-like behaviors.

Blessings, my friends, as you go forth and "build."

No comments:

Post a Comment