Sunday, September 16, 2018

He Was There

Have you ever heard the song "He Was There All the Time"?  This song began to swirl around in my head as I read Ezra 8 this morning during my daily Bible read.  Here, we find Ezra returning to Jerusalem 80 years after  the first exiles returned.  (That is quite the time span...would love linger here and chat...but not today's focus!)  Here, we find a man ready to travel 900 miles, trusting and believing in God to provide along the way...and He did.

First, Ezra notes that no Levites had volunteered to travel with them, so he sent some men asking for "ministers for the Temple of God at Jerusalem." (v 17)

Love these words, "Since the gracious hand of our God was on us..."  Yes, He was.  Yes, He is.  I want more of the close walk with God that Ezra had!

Then, in versus 21-23, Ezra and people "fast and humble ourselves before our God," asking for protection since Ezra, as he says, "After all, we had told the king, 'Our God's hand of protection is on all who worship him..."

"...he heard our prayer."

Again, I just love those words, for His Words are as alive today as then.  Very alive.

Shall I place those words again?  "Since the gracious hand of our God was on us..." AND "...he heard our prayer."

I am praying now for me and you...to have those words be ever alive and real in our hearts and lives as they were to Ezra and those exiles making that 900-mile journey.  Aren't we all on a journey?  So good to know who our travel companion is!

He was/is there all the time...

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment