Wednesday, January 16, 2013

SSMT: Verse 2

One day late, I am for selecting my verse for the Siesta Scripture Memory Team's Week 2 Sign-up.  I have been looking, thinking, reading, but scripture was THE one. Until today.  When after reading several scriptures and studying various Christian books and then praying (which I should have done first!), I found the scripture...well, actually, scriptures...for the next two weeks' focus:  James 1:25.

Some background...I began Kelly Minter's study of the book of Nehemiah last summer and did not finish it.  Then, over the last few days, this book came back on my mind, so today I finally picked it up and began right where I left off.  Amazing! Amazing grace!  Only God knows the very thoughts that I was having just this very evening and right here on the pages, as I began to read, it was as if Kelly was sitting in my living room chatting with me about my very concerns!  God is good, and, oh, so mindful.

My scripture emphasis for the next two weeks are these, with verse 25 my chosen one to memorize (maybe all of them?  I will have to get back with you about that in a couple of weeks...):  
James 1   22 Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. 23 Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like someone who looks at his face in a mirror 24 and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. 25 But whoever looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues in it—not forgetting what they have heard, but doing it—they will be blessed in what they do.
The Personal Response for the above scripture was this:  If you need to make changes in you life, write about them below.  Know that, in the name of James, you will be blessed.

This, then, reminded me of  MyOneWord for 2013: fit.  Here are the changes I want to make...

  • Spiritually fit:  read the Bible more and ever learn more about Him
  • Physically fit:  loose weight, exercise, get that cardio up
  • Mentally fit:  memorize scriptures, keep learning
  • Emotionally fit:obtain peace at work and let the anger issues go
Becoming fit would allow me to be an even better Christian, a better wife, mom, teacher, friend.  I really believe that the scriptures that God will lead me to for the SSMT will also be the ones that assist in my becoming more fit for Him.  That, my friends, is just how He works, or, in the words of James, that is just how He will bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment