Friday, February 20, 2015

SSMT: Week 4 - My Work Commitment

Wow...week four already of Beth Moore's Siesta Sister Memory Team, and I have been so blessed to focus on the previous three.  I do look forward to what lesson the Lord has for me with this chosen scripture.




I like to think these scriptures choose me, for I wait until I feel that pull, that tug; that this is the one for me.

Right now, I see this as a two-part scripture:

  1. Commit your work to the Lord.
  2. Plans will be established.
In my independence and in self-sufficient ways, I hear the message to pray more about decisions that I make within my work, turning to Him first.  Also, the glory that comes from this work should be for Him.  I have worked very diligently within my career, hoping, desiring, wishing always to advance, only most often to be told He wants me right where I am, advancing for Him, not for me.

I do not know the "plans" He has for me beyond this year, not even sure I know from day to day.  Should we?  If He directs our footsteps, that path may change, even from day to day.

We shall see how this scripture leads.  

My previous scripture selection became a warning...in a positive way, one I heeded...hopefully, for He was teaching my daughter and myself humility, to keep that focus on Him, not us.

What is your scripture focus?  How is He speaking to you through this scripture?

No comments:

Post a Comment