Sunday, March 1, 2015

Pondering on Scripture...and Jealousy...and...

This year, I am attempting...and for the most part succeeding...in reading the Bible through chronologically with a group of ladies online.  Very powerful!

This morning's read (was actually for yesterday...one day behind!) caused me to stop and ponder.  Here's what I posted for the Facebook online discussion:
The Test for an Unfaithful Wife: Numbers 5:11-31...wow! So many lessons there...purity, humility, faithfulness, respect. Certainly a test.

The storyteller in me wonders...a husband could bring the woman before to be tested if he were just jealous with no proof...this then solidified marriages?...because the jealously was unfounded?

It is just so easy for me to put myself in the place of that woman...and wonder how would I feel? Then, again, I would not want my husband to ever be jealous for these kinds of reasons...just as I don't want to live with those jealousies about him in my heart. This all goes back to keeping myself holy...for my husband...for my Lord.

One of the reminders, also, that I am taking away from this passage: God is mindful and takes care of the innocent, removing all doubt from her/his accusers.

Again, I am reminded...so thankful to live under grace, so thankful for what Jesus Christ did for me...and you.

AND, as the commentary in my Bible noted, "Worshiping our Holy God must not be taken lightly."

PS Please don't think I am "holier than thou"! I had a lot of thoughts on this passage that I had to think through before I typed up the above! So many thoughts! That is the beauty of this study...pausing, thinking, meditating, learning, growing...all so good! Again, thanks Mrs. Joanna Weaver for hosting!

Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment