Monday, June 22, 2015

What? It's Over Already?

You plan and work and plan..and plan...then, the event is over in a heartbeat!

This past weekend, our church hosted a women's retreat:  Thrive!  I enjoyed it so much.  Pictured at the right is my favorite advertisement.  These colors just make me happy!

I was amazed as I worked with printing the documents for the ladies at how all the speakers' topics, the songs...all of it merged and flowed.  This, within itself, became a God-Thing.  He is the mighty director of these orchestrated events, isn't He?

The event began, for me, before the kick-off time, as we sat and chatted and texted and prayed about the theme, the agenda, the menus, the decorations...girls having girl time, having fellowship around an event planned to Glorify Him...not us...but God.

That's right...we cannot outdo God, for every step of the way He was blessing us with closer relationships with our girlfriends, with fellowship around His Word.

My friend Joyce and I had discussed for the last couple of years the idea of hosting another retreat.  Then, when we were blessed with the opportunity to attend Women of Joy Conference, there we had time to nurture and cultivate the seed of the retreat.

One highlight of the weekend was the guests who attended.  So exciting to see women interested worshiping and wanting to thrive more in The Word.  We had hoped that some women from a rehab unit would be allowed to attend, but that fell through, so I am praying that God ministers to them in another way.

Two nuggets I gleaned from two of the speakers were...

  • "I'll be okay when I can pray."  Words spoken from a mom a few hours after learning of the passing of her son.  My friend Peggy is an inspiration to so many because of the extreme tests that God has walked with her.  Isn't that a powerful statement?
  • "Life's disappointments become God's appointments."  Our pastor's wife Lisa spoke these words as she was expressing her thoughts on what she had expected her mission trip to Uganda to be, as she learned what God had in store for her instead, for out of their trip came a desire for the missionaries there to remain on the mission field. Very powerful!


Yes, we are thriving!  So much so that we already planning for next year's event!  Same weekend, same place, same excitement, same God!

No comments:

Post a Comment