Sunday, September 18, 2016

In 38 Days...

In 38 days, I will be 50.  I have had an incredible journey; thus, as the days pass, I am reflecting on 50 highlights with family and friends.
______________________________

After church this morning, several of us had lunch together to celebrate some of the "newbies" that have either been attending or visiting...or I suppose both!  Today's lunch entailed ten adults and Baby O...such a cutie this six-month old is!

One of the young men is a football player at a local college, who one day began driving around to find a new home church.  When he saw our BIG church sign, he drove to our church parking lot, sat, and upon perusal, decided that, because our building reminded him of his home church, this would be his new church family.  OR did God intervene and set up an Divine Appointment?

A win-win for us!

Two of the others are young teachers with whom I work at our local high school.  Just made my heart happy to see  them there and be in worship with them.

Others included our pastor, his wife, their daughter, son-in-law, grandson, and good friend Brenda.  Such a lovely time of testimony, laughs, food...yes, true fellowship.  So happy to be a part of such a church family.

Thus, at this point in my life, I am blessed to be "adopting" those that God sends our/my way.  My family does seem to be growing.  I should share, though, that adopting at this age definitely has its perks...they go to their own homes when our fellowship is complete!

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment