Thursday, September 15, 2016

In 41 Days...

In 41 days, I will be 50.  I have had an incredible journey; thus, as the days pass, I am reflecting on 50 highlights with family and friends.
______________________________

Today, I am very thankful for students who love Gillmore Brownies. And do they ever!

At the beginning of the school year, while teaching them a grammar song, I told them the best sounding song would receive brownies. They sang...and sang...and I began to invest in boxes of brownies!

A few months ago, a teacher friend said one of my love languages is through food. Yes. I had never thought of it that way, but I do enjoy caring for people through food. 

I have mixed about 20 boxes of brownies already this school year.  Why?  I love watching the response that my students...whether in my high school classes or my classes at church...love the response they exhibit to the stimuli of food. 

The Lord has blessed me to be able to bless others this way...and it just works. 

Now, to take the last of two pans out of the oven for my 5B Eng class. They have waited patiently for their sweet reward. 

No comments:

Post a Comment