Sunday, September 11, 2016

In 45 Days...

In 45 days, I will be 50.  I have had an incredible journey; thus, as the days pass, I am reflecting on 50 highlights with family and friends.
______________________________

Today, I am thankful for my church family and for family that goes with me.  Through my Sunday School class, I have gotten to know some very special people.

When we began this class four years ago for a very few people, one of the ladies began a journey that has enriched her life, not because of what I did but because of what the Lord did, does, and will continue doing.  Unbeknownst to me, the Lord was changing her...for the betterment of her, our class, and the church.

A few months into the class, she related to me one Sunday morning that I probably did not realize what a major happening this was for her to attend, for, as she explained, she just did not have the courage to try many new things.  The Lord has worked a miracle in her...that's my testimony that I have since shared with others, for now she works with me on the Special Events Committee.  Still a bit shy and always more than willing for me to do all the talking (I seem to be gifted in that area!), she will help me faithfully, even in groups where she may not know the other ladies very well.  A blessing.

Also, from this class, grew my first Sunday School teacher.  That has been my prayer:  to grow them up to go and work for the Lord.  This past Sunday, one of the men began teaching/leading the grades 4-6 boys Sunday School class.  Yay!

This class is quite fluid.  Sometimes, we have 10-12...sometimes just two.  Always, though, those in attendance are just what the Lord would have me work with on that particular Sunday, for one lesson I have learned through teaching and leading that when the timer says start, it is all about those there...not about those who chose not to show.  

On a different note...today, I am so appreciative to be an American.  Today, we took a few moments to Remember 9.11.  Fifteen  years ago.  Also, four years ago the Benghazi event.  As Christians, we have much to pray about and for.

As Proverbs 3:5 says so well, "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart..."



No comments:

Post a Comment