Friday, September 9, 2016

In 47 Days...

Image result for 50th birthdayIn 47 days, I will be 50.  I have had an incredible journey; thus, as the days pass, I am reflecting on 50 highlights with family and friends.
______________________________

Today, I am thankful for Mazzios and Pioneer Football, for they were the gathering places where I sat and chatted with God-given friends:  Kathy, Sandra...and one of my newest, my third English teacher son Hunter.

A few years ago, I prayed and asked God for some closer friends. He has answered my prayer. 

In our study of Tell Someone, Greg Laurie stated that his concern is that we don't go forth and disciple because we are fearful of the commitment their salvation would mean on our lives. True. Sad...but very true. 

Investing in people costs time. Minutes, hours...and hours. The dividends (I hope I am extending this metaphor with the correct jargon!)...the investment multiplies as these friendships deepen. 

This, today I am very thankful for these three friends...and for their investment of time in me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment