Saturday, December 1, 2018

Day 1: 25 Days of Kindness


Peer Leigh Keller challenged friends/peers to this 25 Days of Kindness.  Yes, I accepted the challenge.

Need more info?

Check out the Facebook page where this explanation resides:  We are a group of families who do acts of kindness for others from December 1-25. The purpose is not only to spread joy in the holiday season, but also to teach our children - and remind ourselves - that the season is not about STUFF.


You might consider purchasing these 25 cards with 25 ideas.  Cute.  Organized.


Another idea...focus on Advent...Advent Acts of Kindness...here, they have links to several years of ideas.  Interesting.

Enjoy Pinterest?  Then check out these cool calendars!  Life made easy!

I would like to be this together, but, alas, I am not.  These next three weeks will be so busy, with many deadlines, grades, grades, grades...yes, and just a few more papers to grade.

Therefore, this method chose me:  my prayer is that the Lord plant in my path a person upon whom I may display an act of kindness.
  1. Along with my Beta Club, we sang Christmas carols at two of our local nursing homes.  This always blesses me so.  Especially one lady.  She sang every word of "Joy to the World."  When I suggested she sing a solo, I saw the hope.  I then suggested we sing together.  And we did.  One day, I will meet that lady in Heaven, and she and I will sing "Joy to Heaven."  That song has not been written, but she and I will sing it. Yes, we will!
  2. Between caroling events, I played piano for a couple in our church who chose today to marry.  God blessed me with this gift to play the piano, and, when asked, I use it for Him.  Or...He uses the gift to His Glory.
Already I am learning...that these acts of kindness are really just a blessing for me, for we simply cannot outgive God.

Would love to hear about your act of kindness!  Please share!



No comments:

Post a Comment