Saturday, December 29, 2018

Sweet Season




Image result for cranberry christmas cake

Here's praying you have had a blessed season!  

Related imageDuring the Thanksgiving and Christmas seasons, my sister-in-law Kim made this cake; neither time I tried it.  But.  I just knew my husband would like it, so yesterday, I found the recipe, baked it, and sampled a corner piece, and instantly declared this sweet treat a new family favorite.  As a matter of fact, I took the blogger's recommendation and had The Daughter pick us up several bags of cranberries to place in the freezer to use throughout the year.  Yum!

This cake represents one of My Intentions (not resolutions...just a goal I "intend" to attempt to keep for 2019)...try new recipes!  I have become my mother, baking and making the old tried-and-true recipes, ones for which I do not even need a recipe, for I have made them so many times that they are committed to memory!

I am already looking forward to taking this sweet treat with me to my ladies' Bible Study...church fellowships.  Just that good...and what better way to bond even closer with brothers and sisters in Christ...than around a "new" recipe!

What new recipes have you attempted lately?  Please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment