Monday, December 31, 2018

Plans for 2019

As the final minutes of 2018 pass, I sit pondering on where the Lord seems to be directing me for 2019.

Our Bible Study group has chosen Oswald Chamber's My Utmost for His Highest for our one-year study, a collection of 365 devotions.  Throughout 2018, as I read the book, I continually referenced it, acknowledging that, besides the Bible, this was the most powerful book I had ever read.  Truly.

Today, I finished my one-year read and ready to begin again in just a few short hours.  Yay!  I am looking forward to discussing the nuggets each of the ladies glean from the book.

Additionally, I feel the tug, the pull to study Paul.  I just finished reading Acts and Paul's letters and find myself wanting to get to know him better, to have more of what he had.  

For this study, I have chosen two of Beth Moore's books - 1) Paul:  90 Days on His Journey of Faith and 2) To Live Is Christ (this one I just ordered today).  Not sure that I will complete the first in 90 days...nor the second in 11 weeks!  Just going to dive in and take my time...and get to know Paul.

I have also decided to read the Bible in chronological order again this year.  I think I need this again, for I have learned much, yet I still have so much to learn about the chronology of the Bible.  This year, though, I want to watch specifically how Jesus is present on every page of the Old Testament.

Four books = my goal (so far) for 2019.  I am ready for the journeys of faith they will each take me on.

What journey do you have planned for 2019 to ever draw closer to Jesus Christ?  A verse a day?  A chapter a day?  Book by book?  Whatever the journey...just take the journey!  This is the way to draw closer to Him.  

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment